Chorus Students wear dark or black formal attire in our two formal concerts. If they are not returning home before the concert, arrangements should be made to bring concert attire to school.
• Women should wear full-length dresses. Dress slacks and a blouse are also good. Gently used dresses may also be available from recent graduates. To sell or buy a gently used dress, visit our Used Dress Sale page. Flats or very solid heels are required for safety since they will be stepping up and down concert risers. Jewelry and make up are appropriate. No perfume please.
• Men wear dark suits and shoes.
Note: graduation performance attire varies with the weather. Essentially: summer dresses for women and ties for men.
Note: Get plenty of sleep the night before a concert. On concert days, make time for dinner and eat well. Good singing requires energy and rest.
Standard formal attire is required for concerts.
• Women wear the same style full-length black dress (see Mr. Vanderwoude's website for details). Place orders in time for the first concert. Gently used dresses may also be available from recent graduates. To sell or buy a gently used dress, visit our Used Dress Sale page.
• Men wear black tuxedos. Through a FOM program with Read & White, tuxedos are available for a small fee. Students need to be measured in the fall.
Please see Mr. VanderWoude or visit his website for more information.
Concert dress is the same for Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Jazz Ensemble. Students are expected to dress in concert attire for all performances unless specified otherwise.
• Ladies: Black long sleeve blouses or jerseys
Black pants or long skirts (below knee)
Black dress shoes
• Gentlemen: Navy or black suits, or dark sport jacket and dark dress pants
White shirt and dark tie
Black socks and black dress shoes (no sneakers).
Orchestra students wear dark or black formal attire:
- Women should wear full-length dresses. Dress slacks and a blouse are also good. Jewelry and make up are appropriate. No perfume please.
- Men wear dark suits and black shoes. Tuxedos are also appropriate.